3/4 C milk
1/4 C butter
3 1/4 C flour
2 1/2 tsp yeast
1/4 C white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C water
1 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C raisins
115g icing sugar
1 Tbsp warm water
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; mix well. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Mix together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Roll the dough out into a rectangle approximately 23 x 30 cm.
7. Roll up tightly from the longest side. Cut the roll into 12 equal pieces.
8. Place the rolls on an oven tray, cover with oiled clingfilm and set aside in a warm place for about one hour, until doubled in size.
9. Bake at 200 degrees celcius for about 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack.
10. Make the vanilla glaze by mixing the ingredients together. Drizzle glaze over the buns once they have cooled slightly.
Enjoy the cinnamon rolls warm with a cup of tea or coffee. Best eaten fresh.