Monday 11 March 2013

Apricot Slice


This biscuit-based slice was one of the first things I learnt to make when I was growing up. Its super easy to make, doesn't take any time in the oven and, of course, its yummy!

Apricot Slice

2 x 250g packets of plain biscuits
2 C dried apricots - chopped
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
250g butter
1 C brown sugar

Coconut - optional

Process the biscuits into fine crumbs using a food processor.  Combine the brown sugar, condensed milk and butter in a saucepan and stir over a low heat. When all the ingredients have melted together into a nice sauce consistency, pour over the crushed biscuits.  Mix through, and then spread into a slice tin.  Sprinkle with coconut if desired, and refrigerate until cool.

Enjoy!


If you love slices as much as I do, check out my luscious lemon and coconut slice and my caramel and cranberry slice recipes.

X
Molly

6 comments:

  1. Oh.MY. You had me at 'brown sugar, condensed milk and butter' haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOM NOM! That looks delicious!!

    xo – Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good, added to my recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious! Definitely pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh yum! i love the tartness of dried apricots, and especially if they were mixed with caramel and with biscuits, so this looks delicious!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Molly,
    This looks easy and sounds wonderful. I like an easy recipe. Thank you for sharing at my HOME and have a beautiful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...